Cheese croquettes (Badia in Mauritius)
Recipe type: Snack/Side Dish
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of yellow food coloring
- Green onions - chopped
- Cut the cheese
- Slowly mix the
self raisingflour with some water until a rich mixture is formed
- Add the food coloring, green onion, thyme to the mixture
Lastlyadd salt to taste and the cheese and mix well
- Add some oil to the pan, note that the croquettes will be deep fried and one small cup of oil should be fine for this
- Let it fry for a minute till it turns into a golden brown color
- Allow the oil to drain with help of a slotted spoon and tissue paper
Serving size: 6 persons
I’ve used a small cup to measure the ingredients.
You may add in more flour to the mixture if it gets too watery.
Tip : Do not overcrowd the pan and wait until the oil is heated to add the mixture.
Serve hot 🙂
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.