An easy, light, low calorie soup recipe that you can prepare in less than 20 mins. I’ve used canned corn cream for this dish, you may blend whole maize too. This soup is perfect for summer when light meals are preferred.
Corn and Carrot both have numerous health benefits.
Packed with nutrients and vitamins this plant grain helps to regulate diabetes and hypertension. It also helps to prevent digestive problems and hemorrhoids due to its high fiber content. Moreover it is good for those suffering from anemia.
Eat for better eyesight and strong immune system. It is equally good for the digestive system as well as to prevent cancer and heart diseases.
They are both yummy taste wise hence combination of the two ingredients in a soup is bound to be flavorful and tasty.
- 1 can of cream maize
- 2 medium sized carrots
- Green onions
- 5 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (Optional)
- Put some water to boil with 1 tsp of oil and some salt
- Peel and grate the carrots
- Add the carrots to the boiling water followed by the cream maize when the carrots are softer
- Let it simmer for a while and add some diluted cornstarch to it
- Add finely chopped coriander and green onions
- If more salt is needed, you may add some and sugar if you want the soup sweeter.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.