If you have some overripe bananas and you don’t know what to do with them – make a banana cake 😀 It doesn’t take much time to make the banana muffin-bread and you can prepare the mixture in just 15 mins. This egg-less banana muffin/cake is a great breakfast option or for afternoon tea time.
Let me start with some of the health benefits of including bananas to your diet:
~ Bananas helps with depression and is a mood booster.
~ It provides the body with calcium and is a good source of vitamin B.
~ It also helps with digestion and regulates sugar level in the body.
The recipe below 🙂
- 1 cup of milk
- 7-10 bananas
- 2½ cup of self raising flour
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Water (1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup powdered almond
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, powdered almond and milk)
- Blend the bananas, sugar, water and oil altogether
- Slowly pour the mixture in the bowl and mix well (you can mix with a spoon, hand or mixer)
- Add your favorite toppings (raisins, chocolate chips, cherry, mini candies)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and bake for 30 mins
You can put them for bake as muffins or one whole loaf. Allow some more baking time if your fork comes out with the mixture after the first 30 mins baking time.
Tips: Add the mini candies in the middle of the baking process so that they don’t melt.
Recipe credit: My aunt but my mum actually taught me how to make it.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.