First of all, this recipe is from my mother. This is my favorite way of eating fish. It is a very light dish and easy to prepare, not much effort or time are needed.
My dad always stresses the importance of including seafood to our diet. There’s multiple health benefits of eating fish:
– It is good for people with Asthma and autoimmune diseases
– Because it has plenty of good fats (Omega 3 acids), it reduces your risk of heart diseases and cancer
– It helps to manage sugar level
– It is good for the brain, eye, skin and body (girls, you have one super beauty food to add to your meals)
– Fish consumption helps people with depression
- 6 portions of fish
- Thyme leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Paprika powder
- 6-7 drops of Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- Wash the fish well and keep in a large bowl
- Add to it garlic, ginger, finely cut parsley, thyme leaves, pepper, paprika powder, lemon juice, olive oil,
- Mix well
- Add in 2 eggs to the mixture and mix again
- Let it rest for an hour or so
- Deep fry the fish until it has a crispy texture and has a light brown colour
colour- Not fully cooked though
- Oven bake for 30 mins at 180 degrees
- (You may skip oven baking if you don't have an oven and just fry until it is cooked from inside)
For the fish, I buy the brand Maremer.
What it looks like after adding all the ingredients and now ready for an hour pause before frying.
Tip: You can still make if you want a quick meal and don’t have enough time to let it rest. It will still taste delicious.
I like to half fry and half bake/grill it because it is healthier that way. Baking/Grilling helps to get rid of excess oil from frying. Or you may bake it directly if you don’t want to fry it. I fry the fish first to give it that crispy look.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
The sweet and sour sauce is super easy to make or you can buy some ready-made sauces. You need a few slices of lemon, ketchup(tomato sauce), green or red chili sauce for that. Mix them all well and your sauce is ready.
You can add some grilled veggies or fresh salad as side dishes. I had it with my all time fav yummy tomato chutney and bread.
Have a nice meal!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.