I absolutely hate plain boiled pasta (pates/macaroni) with nothing interesting in it. I simply nurtured that in my mind that pasta is no fun, not tasty at all until I tried to combine it with what I love eating. Some chicken, lots of veggies, cheese, cream cheese, tomato sauce and it turned into delicious meal. It can be a healthy to cheat meal.
I’ll jump straight into the recipe.
- Pasta ( A bowl)
- 1 small chicken breast
- Mixed peppers
- Chinese Cabbage
- Green olive
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese
- 3-4 tbsp Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 small chili
- Cut the chicken in small pieces and marinate with salt, pepper & garlic
- Boil the pasta until soft for around 5-8 mins and drain ( Add some salt to the water)
- Dice the Chinese cabbage, mushroom, mixed pepper, onion, chili & olive oil
- In a large pan, bring in the chicken with some olive oil and let cook till it turns golden brown
- Add the vegetables to it and let cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the tomato sauce followed by the pasta
- Let it cook for some few minutes, add salt and pepper
- Lastly put the thyme leaves and cream cheese
- Garnish with some basil leaves and grated cheese (optional)
This is a super easy recipe ideal for a light dinner or to pack as lunch. If you don’t have Chinese cabbage at home, you can try to add other green leaves vegetables.
Mixed peppers are great to garnish your dish and make them colorful. On top they are good for the health. Peppers help to control cholesterol, supply the body with vitamin C and antioxidants, help in the prevention of cancer and I bet you didn’t know that they actually help to reduce inflammation.
Bon appetit 🙂
And how do you like your pasta?
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.