My mum had a recipe book lying idle on the shelf since ages. The other day my niece came home and strangely I could think of no game to play with her or any activity we could do together and the weather was really bad outside. I started going through the book while she was drawing. Then I came across this recipe and I suggested that we bake together. She was obviously excited about it and that she could decorate her own muffin. Off to the kitchen, I took out the very few ingredients needed for the super easy egg-free muffins.
This is perfect if you are limited on time, ingredients AND if you are a vegetarian. You can make plain muffin or add chocolate chips, dried sweeten cherries or almond. Basically anything you like to make it more teasy and attractive to kids. This is a great kid friendly recipe, if your kids love baking.
- 150g butter
- Condensed milk (half the tin)
- 250g Self Raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp yeast powder
- ½ tbsp of cardamon powder
- Optional : chocolate of your choice or cherries
- We start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a big mixing bowl, add butter and whisk till you get a smooth mixture.
- Afterwards add condensed milk and powdered yeast. Mix well again.
- Pour milk into the mixture and add cardamon powder.
- This it it, you whisk for 2-3 minutes till you get a completely smooth mixture
- Next pour the mixture into a greased muffin tray (Do not add the chocolate chips or cherries now)
- Let bake for 10-15 minutes and then add the cherry or chocolate on top.
- Let it bake for another 10-15 mins till your fork comes out clean.
The recipe yields 12 medium-sized muffins.
And this is the one my 5 years old niece attempted to decorate. We didn’t have chocolate chips or mini candies at home so we melted a chocolate and she had a little fun with hers. The best part was receiving a call from her when she left for home, just to tell me that the cake was nice.
You can check my post on how to make egg-less banana muffins.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.